Over 1.8 million people have watched the moment a Romanian-rescued dog reveals his favorite human.
In the video, the canine can be seen jumping off the couch and approaching the TikToker, who uses the handle @rommierescuestan. The dog then places his paw on the side.
The following text has been added to the viral clip, it said: "When dad leaves the room and it's just mom and I."
The popular video, simply captioned "favorite human," has racked up more than 239,000 likes and hundreds of comments since it was posted on November 8.
According to VCA Animal Hospitals, there are some obvious indicators that your dog really loves you.
- Your dog is happy to see you. This could involve jumping and barking when you walk through the door.
- Your dog gives you presents such as his or her favorite toy, ready to play.
- Your dog puts you second only to food. When they are hungry and are presented with a bowl full of food, they will forgo human interaction in favor of a good meal.
- Your dog likes to sleep with you.
- Your dog looks at you with loving eyes. If your dog looks at you with eyes that are relaxed and pupils that are a normal size, he or she is gracing you with a loving gaze.
- Your dog follows you everywhere. If your dog is clingy, consider yourself loved as dogs cling to you for more than just security.
Over 250 people have commented on the post, many of which are dog owners who have similar experiences with their canines.
One user said: "My dog is not quiet about her favorite. She sits with me, follows me, and sleeps with me. The other humans don't get her attention."
"Mine ignores me all day long until her dad comes home then she's all over me," said another.
Another said: "It's called man's best friend for a reason."
"Mine is pretty obvious that I'm her favorite, my partner even refers to himself as the lodger," wrote another TikToker.
Previously, Newsweek shared a heartwarming story that left the internet sobbing as a lonely woman was surprised with a puppy.
Newsweek reached out to @rommierescuestan for comment. We could not verify the details of the case.
Do you have funny and adorable videos or pictures of your pet you want to share? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org with some details about your best friend and they could appear in our Pet of the Week lineup.